Drainage easements

person drafting plans

What is a drainage easement?

A drainage easement is an area of land reserved by law and shown on Title, that has the specific purpose of drainage. 

What is an implied easement?

An implied easement is land not shown in an easement on Title that contains a Council stormwater drain.

Is there an easement on my property?

To locate easements on your property refer to the Title of the property. A copy of the Title can be ordered from www.landata.vic.gov.au.

To request the location of Council stormwater pipes and pits, please email mail@yarraranges.vic.gov.au and direct your request to the Stormwater Engineering Team.

Can I build over easement?

To build over a drainage easement, you must obtain approval from Council and Yarra Valley Water.

Apply online application to build over an easement