If you're a flood impacted resident and require an update on your registered waste collection please call 1300 368 333
Find my collection date
Every residential property in Yarra Ranges has one annual hard rubbish collection. Hard rubbish collection dates vary from property to property.
Items for hard rubbish collection must be placed on the nature strip by the Sunday evening prior to the start of your collection week. Materials must not be placed out more than one week prior to your collection week. Late materials will not be collected.
Before considering items for hard waste, consider offering usable items to charity or advertise them online.
Enter your address below to find your collection date.
What can I put out for collection?
Items we will collect at your allocated hard rubbish collection time include:
- Unwanted furniture that cannot be donated or reused by others
- Electronic waste – eg. computers, televisions, monitors, all other battery and power-operated items and items with an electrical cord
Help to minimise waste in our community – please don’t put useful items out in your hard rubbish collection!
Donate your useful items to charities, sell or giving away items via websites like Facebook Marketplace or Gumtree, or give to a friend. This will help to reduce the natural resources used to make new items and protect the environment.
“Hard Waste” means household waste items not suitable for collection in the regular kerbside bin garbage and recyclables collections. These items are often large, bulky or otherwise difficult to dispose of in regular bin collections.
To ensure your items are collected your waste must be separated into three piles: hard waste, metals and bundled branches.
Each pile must be no more than 3 cubic metres.
To ensure your items are collected, your hard waste must be:
- Up to 10 pieces of timber (not fencing)
- Glass, shower screens and mirrors must be wrapped and clearly marked as glass
- TV's, computers and electronic equipment
Metals, whitegoods and equipment (fridge doors removed)
To ensure your metals are collected, your metals must be:
- Maximum length of 1.5 meters for each individual item
- Maximum weight of 50kg for each individual item
To ensure your branches are collected, your branches must be:
- Up to 20 bundles of branches
- Each bundle is no larger than 1.5 meters long and 200 millimetres wide
- Tree limbs (75mm – 200mm diameter). Straight clean logs with side branches removed. Maximum 1.5m long.
- Branches (up to 75mm diameter) tied with non-plastic string. Maximum 1.5m long.
What won't be collected
A detailed list of items that you can dispose of as hard waste is available online. Some common items that will not be collected include:
- Bricks, rubble, excavated material, concrete, soil or earth, building, renovation or demolition material, cement sheeting
- Bamboo, creepers, vines, palm trees, soft plants, rose bushes, thorny plants, weeds, grass clippings or leaves
- Untied branches or branches tied with plastic twine, stockings or wire
- Barbed wire
- Branches containing nails or wire
- Batteries, car tyres, trucks or tractor tyres, suspension springs or engines
- Stumps or roots
- Tree limbs larger than 200mm in diameter or more than 1.5m long
- Tree limbs (thicker than 75mm and up to 200mm diameter) with side branches attached
- Broken glass (unless wrapped)
- Chemicals, liquids, paints, oil, fluids, asbestos or hazardous materials
- Industrial, business or commercial waste
- Household garbage, recyclables or polystyrene
- Wheelie bins
- Gas cylinders, fuel tanks or water tanks
- Loose garden organic material in boxes, bags, containers or bins
- Hard waste from vacant blocks
- Solar panels
- Asbestos (find out what to do with asbestos)
Find answers to our most frequently asked questions about the hard rubbish collection. Read the FAQS
Report a missed collection
Report a missed collection within one week of your collection date for further investigation.
If you have received a knockback notice the material presented is likely to have not met the criteria of this service. Please arrange alternative disposal.
Due to the one-off scheduled nature of this service, the trucks have already moved to other areas and won’t be able to return if the waste materials were not presented correctly during your scheduled week of collection.
Report a missed collection