Navigating the Aged Care System

Nav_aged care.png

My Aged Care

If you need some help around the house or think it is time to consider moving into an aged care home, you need to register with My Aged Care.

My Aged Care is your starting point to access Australian Government-funded Aged Care services. The phone line and website can help older Australians, their families, and carers to get the help and support they need.

You can call the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422 or visit the My Aged Care website.

If you speak a language other than English, you can call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 to talk to My Aged Care. Or download 'Find the help you need with My Aged Care' in your language.

How we can help

Yarra Ranges Council’s, Healthy Ageing Officers can explain how the My Aged Care works and can offer information to guide you through the aged care system.

This free service will explore the choices with you and may help aid you in making the decision that suits you best.

To find out more information on how we can help you with My Aged Care, please contact our Healthy and Active Ageing Navigation Officers on 1300 368 333.

Help with technology

Do you need help with your phone, tablet, or computer? Eastern Regional Libraries offers one-to-one 45-minute sessions, and group technology support classes. They cover topics like:

  • Understand social media and email, including how to set up an email account
  • Learn the basics of your mobile phone, iPad/Android device, or laptop
  • How to navigate government services on MyGov
  • Get answers to basic tech support questions, and help you understand next steps

Visit Eastern Regional libraries for more information on sessions being held near you.

Neighbourhood houses also offer a variety of technology classes, some are free. For more information contact your local neighbourhood house.