Disabled parking permits are available for:
- Drivers with a disability
- Passengers with a disability
- Organisations providing transport to people with a disability
- Temporary condition permit
Eligibility is determined by your doctor. Complete the personal application (PDF, 27KB) with your doctor and return it to a community link. Please note that the applicant is responsible for any medical fees associated with the application.
Organisations applying for a permit must complete the organisation application(PDF, 13KB) and return it to a community link.
There are two types of permits issued:
If you hold a non-temporary permit, you will receive a renewal document 4 weeks prior to the expiry date of your permit.
It is your responsibility to return the completed documents to council to ensure that their permit remains valid.
Parking entitlements apply anywhere in Victoria.
Using a disabled parking permit
The permit must be clearly displayed on the left side of the front windscreen with the expiry date and permit number visible from outside the vehicle.
When requested by an authorised officer, a driver using the permit must:
- State his/her name and address
- Produce his/her driver's license
- Produce the relevant valid disabled person's permit
- Show proof that he/she or a passenger in the vehicle is the permit holder
- Move the vehicle from the reserved place if the officer deems the permit invalid or there is insufficient proof the driver or passenger in the vehicle is the permit holder
A driver using the permit must either be the permit holder or parking the vehicle for the convenience of the permit holder who needs to enter or exit the vehicle.
The permit remains the property of Yarra Ranges Council and must be returned within 7 days of notification of such return being required.
An organisation may hold more than 1 permit but must justify in writing, the number of permits required. An organisation may also hold a trip specific permit.
For more information please call 1300 368 333 or email.