In August 2020, Council endorsed the Liveable Climate Plan – an action plan detailing how we will respond to the threat of climate change.
The Liveable Climate Plan outlines how Council will work with the community to support a thriving and climate-resilient community and improve community connection throughout Yarra Ranges.
To achieve this, Council will:
- Promote living landscapes through collaboration with traditional owners, the implementation of a Tree Strategy and development of Urban Design Guidelines
- Create a thriving community by supporting local businesses and climate adaptation activities while also developing tailored plans and land management practices to prepare for adverse extreme weather events
- Financially support and encourage residents and businesses to transition to renewable energy and lower carbon alternatives
- Deliver policies and advocate for sustainable and active transport
- Improve food security through partnering with local community and industry groups to provide affordable, fresh produce and community connection