We have four accessible toilets equipped with features to meet the needs of people with disabilities. These accessible toilets are located at Lillydale Lake, Monbulk Aquatic Centre, the Yarra Centre and Yarra Glen.
These toilets were built as part of the Changing Places program and provide:
- a height adjustable adult-sized changing bench
- a ceiling hoist to help lift the person out of their wheelchair and onto change table or toilet
- a spacious area for carer and person with a disability
- a safe and clean environment
Accessing the toilet
The accessible toilets at Yarra Glen and Lillydale Lake are locked to counter vandalism and misuse. Accessing these toilets requires an MLAK key.
An MLAK key fits into specially designed locks and allows 24 hour access to Changing Places toilets and Liberty Swings across Australia.
MLAK keys are avaiable for people who have a disability or have written authority from any of the following:
- a doctor
- a disability organisation
- community health centre
- the owner or management of a building with an accessible toilet on site
Getting an MLAK key
You can get an MLAK key for free from any of Council's Community Links, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm.
You can also apply for a permanent purchase of an MLAK key from the Master Locksmiths Association of Australasia. For more details, visit the Master Locksmith website or call 9338 8822
Accessible toilet locations