Health & Wellbeing Advisory Committee
The new Health & Wellbeing Advisory Committee allows for community voice and a consultative process for a wider range of activities and initiatives, as well as advice to support Council’s decision making and monitors the achievement of objectives of the Municipal Health & Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025.
The 12 endorsed committee members represent;
- Diversity of gender, culture, lived experience and age
- Nine townships across the Yarra Ranges and a representative from all wards
- Bring the skills and expertise of multiple sectors including urban farming, health, education, National Disability Insurance Scheme, volunteer groups, local business owners and various other community services
- Cr Sophie Todorov (Chair)
- Corinne Bowen (Manager Community Wellbeing)
- Rachael Giddens (Executive Officer Health & Wellbeing)
- Andrew Bond
- Belinda Gillam Derry
- Ellise Rickard
- Heide Renner
- Jo Hunt
- Jolyon Scobie
- Karen Pomeranz
- Kham Lian
- Lindsey Booth
- Mark Doubleday
- Melinda Jeffery
- Sam Suke
The committee meets bi-monthly on Thursday evenings from 5.00pm to 7.00pm.
- Thursday 23rd March
- Thursday 18th May
- Thursday 13th July
- Thursday 7th September
- Thursday 2nd November
Key messages from the minutes will be shared with relevant Council Officers and partner organisations where appropriate to inform actions
The Chairperson will make a Delegate’s Report at the next Council meeting following a Committee meeting.
Annual reporting to Council will be included within broader Health & Wellbeing Plan reporting.