We are proud to have a vibrant network of volunteer run community groups across the Yarra Ranges.
Get involved with a wide range of community groups including:
- Community gardens
- Men’s Sheds
- Arts, music and theatre groups
- Local history groups
- Service Clubs
- Community support groups
- Festivals and Events
- Toy Libraries
- University of the 3rd Age
- Scouts and guides
- Youth groups
- Sports and recreation clubs
- Environment and sustainability groups
- Township Groups
Search the online Community Directory for groups near you.
Council supports community groups through training, information, networking and grants.
Read more about our grants program
For advice and information to start a new community group, contact Council's Community Development Officers on 1300 368 333.
Township groups are independent community groups created by the community.
Township groups commonly:
- Raise interest in local issues
- Provide a forum for sharing information
- Advocate for the community
- Lead and supporting community projects
- Consult with governments where it concerns their township
Need to contact a Township Group? Refer to the contact details below.
Township Group Contact Information
There are many organisations in the Yarra Ranges dedicated to providing support to people when they need it. Many of these services are free or low cost. The range of services available includes:
- Legal services
- Financial counselling
- Community health
- Community transport
- Disability support services
- Family support services
- Family violence support
- Food relief
- Carer support services
- Housing and homelessness support
- Mental health services
- Social support services
- Gamblers Help
- Drug and Alcohol Services
Visit our Communtiy Directory to find a service provider near you
For young people
For Council disability support services
Yarra Ranges Neighbourhood Houses also provide a range of services and opportunities to promote wellbeing.
Find a Neighbourhood House