Noise complaints

If you have a noise problem with a neighbour, we encourage you to talk to them and work together to find a solution. Your neighbour may not be aware that they are disturbing you.

If you don’t feel comfortable speaking with them in person, consider writing a letter.

Not sure what to write? Use our sample letter. 

If the problem is behavioural or occurs after hours, Police should be contacted at the time of offence.

The Prohibited Times for Noise document outlines the noise restrictions that apply to Victorian residents.

The EPA website offers advice and solutions to residential, commercial and vehicle noise issues.

Resolving Disputes

If a dispute occurs, the reaching an agreement website developed by the Department of Justice provides useful videos, information, relevant links and contacts to assist residents on how to effectively resolve disputes.

If you are unable to resolve the issue with your neighbour you can contact us on 1300 368 333 or contact the Dispute Settlement Centre for further information or assistance.

Submit a noise complaint to Council 

If you would like to submit a complaint to Council for ongoing noise, please contact us on 1300 368 333