Building advice

Are you building or changing the way you use your land? You may need a building permit and/or a planning permit. Building permits are issued separately from planning permits and are required to ensure construction work complies with national building regulations. You may need a building permit for a structure, fence or retaining wall.

Council does not issue building permits, they are issued by private registered building surveyors.