In an effort to reduce the effects on the environment and reduce costs; all new homes, home renovations, alterations and additions must comply with the 6 star standard energy rating.
All new homes must now have a range of energy and water saving features:
- Building materials with a 6 star rating
- Water conservation measures
- Either a rainwater tank for toilet flushing or solar hot water system
Relocated homes and alterations to existing homes
- All relocated buildings, alterations and additions must also use building materials with a 6 star rating
- If your alterations increase the original volume of the building by 50% or more the existing building must also comply the 6 star rating
- If your alteration increases the floor area of the existing building more than 25% or more than 1,000 square metres, the entire building must comply the 6 star rating
An accredited Energy Rater will need to review your building plans to ensure they meet with the 6 star energy rating.
For a list of energy raters visit either: