Gardens for Wildlife
Create an area in your garden to attract and support local wildlife!
Help to provide local species with a stepping stone between nearby areas of habitat. You and your family can also enjoy the birds, butterflies, frogs, lizards and many other species that may visit your garden.
The Gardens for Wildlife (YRG4W) program is run by council in partnership with local community groups and volunteers. It is free to join and open to Yarra Ranges residents.
- A members pack with information on how to create a garden for wildlife
- A visit from our garden guides, who will share information about how to create a garden for wildlife on your property
- A voucher for 20 free plants from your local indigenous plant nursery
- Access to the YRG4W Participant Group on Facebook, where you can ask questions and share advice and stories with other participants
- Regular e-news updates with information on caring for your garden, local wildlife and stories from participants
- Invitations to upcoming events where you can learn more and meet other wildlife gardening enthusiasts
Support Yarra Ranges Gardens for Wildlife
Our program is run in partnership with a number of groups and volunteers who are passionate about protecting our local environment.
If you have interest and/or knowledge on wildlife gardening that you would like to share with others, consider becoming a volunteer Garden Guide. Training and support is provided. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
YRG4W is on Facebook! ‘Like’ our page and join the conversation!