Council can provide assistance to local businesses and commercial property owners to incorporate more sustainable practices into a diverse range of workplaces.
Current programs include:
The Victorian Government is also offering a number of incentives to upgrade equipment to more energy efficient products. You can find out more through the Victorian Energy Saver website to check your eligibility for the numerous grants and rebates currently available.
Energy Saver Program
Yarra Ranges Council is now offering free advice and recommended suppliers through the regional Energy Savers program.
What’s on offer?
- Upgrade to reverse cycle air-conditioners
- Retrofit to LED Lighting
- Replace inefficient gas hot water systems
- Install energy efficient fridges, freezers, ventilation fans and motors and more
Register your interest today
Solar Saver Program for Businesses
Businesses located in the Yarra Ranges Council area can now access support to install solar panels and slash electricity bills. The benefits of this program are:
- Council supported
- Free advice
- Trustworthy installers
Learn more here
Environmental Upgrade Agreements
Environmental Upgrade Agreements (EUA) lets you, as building owners, access financing to specifically fund environmental building upgrades. Achieved through a partnership with the Sustainable Australia Fund, an EUA allows you to access funds, with the repayments administered by Council. Financing options are available to help you access environmental upgrades including:
- Solar panels
- Energy efficient lighting
- Improved heating and cooling (HVAC) equipment
- Water conservation and waste water management
Businesses participating in this program
- 4 Pillars Gin Distillery in Healesville: solar system. This has offset their daytime energy use and has provided some roof shading, keeping their production area a little cooler in summer.
- Aurrum Aged Care in Healesville: solar system. This is expected to provide 85% of their day time electricity use during summer. The installation has been such a success that Aurrum are now considering upgrading other aged care facilities using Environmental Upgrade Finance and even expanding their current system in Healesville.
- Oscars on the Yarra in Warburton: solar system and energy efficient lighting upgrade. This has enabled Oscars to reduce their power bills.
- Balgownie Estate, Yarra Glen: solar system.
- Larkman Nurseries, Lilydale: solar and batteries
Interested in a loan to help you with an environmental improvement? Contact Council's Sustainability team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Sustainable Australia Fund website.
Loans can be designed to ensure potential savings are greater than the quarterly loan repayment. The fixed interest loan is tied to the property (i.e. not the business) and paid back via Council’s rates mechanism.
View the videos that feature solar installation:
View our video featuring solar installation with Aurrum Aged Care:
View our video featuring solar and battery installation with Ramarro Farm:
This webinar covers current sustainable upgrade rebates and financing options, as well as some of the latest opportunities for solar. It also explains what's available to local business owners and what support Councils can offer.