Community members have the opportunity to clarify strategy, policy or any other appropriate matters that are not listed on the Council agenda via a question to Council.
If your question is about routine Council works, you should instead contact our Customer Experience Team.
Public question time is held at every Council meeting as close as practical to the start of the meeting. A maximum of 15 minutes is allocated for questions that have been submitted.
Before you complete the form
Before you complete the form below to submit a question to Council please be aware of the following:
- There is a limit of two questions per person, per meeting.
- The requirements for questions to Council are set out at Rule 59 of Council’s Governance Rules. A question may be disallowed by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) if they determine that it:
- relates to a matter outside the duties, functions and powers of Council;
- is defamatory, indecent, abusive, offensive, irrelevant, trivial or objectionable in language or substance;
- deals with a subject matter already answered;
- is aimed at embarrassing a Councillor or a member of Council staff;
- relates to personnel matters;
- relates to the personal hardship of any resident or ratepayer;
- relates to industrial matters;
- relates to contractual matters;
- relates to proposed developments;
- relates to legal advice;
- relates to matters affecting the security of Council property; or relates to any other matter which Council considers would prejudice Council or any person.
Please ensure you have read Rule 59 of the Governance Rules before submitting your question.
Please note: Questions must be received no later than 5pm on the day prior to the next Council meeting to be considered. Questions submitted after the deadline may be moved to the following Council meeting.
If a question relates to a matter that is currently subject to community consultation, it will be given directly to the relevant officer and considered as part of the submission process.
Once received by Council, your question will be acknowledged by our Governance Team.
Questions lodged in writing by the deadline that meet the requirements of our Governance Rules will be read out by the CEO and answered by Council Officers.
A written response to your question will also be provided after it has been addressed at a Council meeting.
Submit your question to Council:
Click here to view form.