Valley Community Recovery Committee
Round 1 grant program now open
The Valley Community Recovery Committee invites you to apply to the ‘Helping Communities Rebound’ grant program.
The Valley CRC are excited to help the valley communities of Badger Creek, Chum Creek, Dixons Creek, Gruyere, Healesville, Steels Creek, Yarra Glen and Yering recover from the COVID pandemic and June 2021 storm
If your group provides support to one or more of these townships, and have ready-to-go projects that meet an urgent need, then please apply. The priority is to fund projects that contribute to people’s wellbeing and reconnect with the community.
Applications can be made for grants up to $5,000 from an initial pool of $50k. Submit your application before 1 September 2022.
Before you apply, read the guidelines below. These guidelines will help you understand what is required to apply and how the Valley CRC will assess your application. Committee members are available if you want to have a chat.
When you click on the Apply For Round 1 link below you will be taken to the Community Enterprise Foundation website where there will be instructions on how to submit your application.
Apply for Round 1 Grant - Helping Communities Rebound
The Valley CRC looks forward to receiving your application and getting to know more about the challenges you have.
About the Valley Community Recovery Committee
Meet our members:
- Alison Gommers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bruce Argyle, Bendigo Bank representative
- Cr Fiona McAllister (Co-Chair)
- Jillian Edwards (Co-Chair): email@example.com
- Kathleen Holton: Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leigh Harry (Co-Chair): email@example.com
- Maree Rothwell: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Zwagerman: email@example.com
- Shona Rimmer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Committee is one of four established by the Yarra Ranges Council to help identify recovery priorities, particularly following the June 2021 storm and COVID19 pandemic. Our focus is the townships of Badger Creek, Chum Creek, Dixons Creek, Gruyere, Healesville, Steels Creek, Yarra Glen and Yering.
We meet the second Thursday of each month and volunteer to work with the Yarra Ranges Council in support of community-led engagement, preparedness and recovery.
Our purpose is to:
Develop and implement an inaugural Valley Regional Recovery Plan that identifies and prioritises activities or services that help individuals and community groups to rebuild, reconnect, and be ready to cope with future shocks and disruption.
To do this we will:
- expand our knowledge of the need across the municipality and the services available
- lead, drive and facilitate – playing a bridging role, acting as knowledge brokers between council and community groups, sharing information, raising issues, developing/influencing plans and actions as needed
- listen to local communities and facilitate broad input into Committee decision-making and the development of the Valley Regional Recovery Plan
- assemble and advocate for community recovery programs, processes, services, and activities that reflect the needs of the local communities Valley
- enable others to reach and support people in need
- ensure transparency, focus and accountability
If you would like to know more, feel free to contact a member of the Committee. Our Terms of Reference can be downloaded here: Appendix-to-terms-of-reference.docx.pdf(PDF, 192KB)