Valley Community Recovery Committee
Round 2 opens 16 January 2023
The Valley Community Recovery Committee invites you to apply to the Community Led Recovery Round Two grant program to help our community recover from the COVID19 pandemic and June 2021 storm.
An Information Session will be held in the new year with details to follow.
Applications open Monday 16 January 2023, and close midnight Tuesday 28 February 2023.
If your group provides support to one or more of these townships then you are encouraged to apply: Badger Creek, Chum Creek, Dixons Creek, Gruyere, Healesville, Steels Creek, Yarra Glen and Yering.
Applications are invited for projects up to $10,000.
For Round 2, community priority will be given to projects that encompass one or more of the following:
- Promote inclusion / reduce isolation / bring communities together
- Build community capacity
- Support kids and/or families and/or parents to thrive
- Connect to increased awareness of existing services and community groups
- Provide meals for community
- Develop new skills that help create connection
- Prepare for bushfire/storms/floods
- Provide support to help people be safe during the Pandemic
- Other: if you have identified another urgent need, please contact a Committee member to discuss.
Before you apply, please read the guidelines(PDF, 5MB).
Applications must be made online at: Valley Community Led Recovery Committee - Helping Communities Rebound Grants Program.
Applicants requiring further information about the Grants Program should contact the Community Enterprise Foundation on 1300 304 541 or email: Foundation.email@example.com
About the Valley Community Recovery Committee
Meet our members:
- Alison Gommers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bruce Argyle, Bendigo Bank representative
- Cr Fiona McAllister (Co-Chair)
- Jillian Edwards (Co-Chair): email@example.com
- Kathleen Holton: Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leigh Harry (Co-Chair): email@example.com
- Maree Rothwell: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Zwagerman: email@example.com
Our Committee is one of four established by the Yarra Ranges Council to help identify recovery priorities, particularly following the June 2021 storm and COVID19 pandemic. Our focus is the townships of Badger Creek, Chum Creek, Dixons Creek, Gruyere, Healesville, Steels Creek, Yarra Glen and Yering.
We meet the second Thursday of each month and volunteer to work with the Yarra Ranges Council in support of community-led engagement, preparedness and recovery.
Our purpose is to:
Develop and implement an inaugural Valley Regional Recovery Plan that identifies and prioritises activities or services that help individuals and community groups to rebuild, reconnect, and be ready to cope with future shocks and disruption.
To do this we will:
- expand our knowledge of the need across the municipality and the services available
- lead, drive and facilitate – playing a bridging role, acting as knowledge brokers between council and community groups, sharing information, raising issues, developing/influencing plans and actions as needed
- listen to local communities and facilitate broad input into Committee decision-making and the development of the Valley Regional Recovery Plan
- assemble and advocate for community recovery programs, processes, services, and activities that reflect the needs of the local communities Valley
- enable others to reach and support people in need
- ensure transparency, focus and accountability
If you would like to know more, feel free to contact a member of the Committee. Our Terms of Reference can be downloaded here: Appendix-to-terms-of-reference.docx.pdf(PDF, 192KB)
Minutes for past meetings:
(PDF, 109KB) 17-02-Storm-Event-June-2021-Regional-Community-Recovery-Committee-Valley.pdf(PDF, 162KB)