Report a food safety issue
If you have a genuine food safety concern or complaint about a food business in the Yarra Ranges, please contact our Health Services Department on 1300 368 333.
If you have a concern or complaint about a meat, poultry or fish businesses please contact PrimeSafe on 9685 7333.
The Food Standards Australia New Zealand website monitors and publishes all food recalls.
Along with monitoring food safety and compliance, Council's Environmental Health team also:
- Inspect health and beauty premises including businesses providing accommodation
- Investigate complaints including noise, odour, drainage, asbestos and other nuisances
- Educate businesses and residents on pest management
- Undertake outbreak and food poisoning investigations
- Approve, inspect and monitor onsite wastewater management systems
- Monitor and oversee the remediation of clandestine laboratories
- Undertake tobacco compliance inspections
- Provide support to vulnerable community members
- Prepare and respond to emergency situations such as flood, fire, heat health and storm.