Yarra Ranges Council is divided into four directorates and an Office of the CEO. Each directorate has unique roles and responsibilities.
Want to know more about our organisation? Read about our executive team or view our organisation chart.(PDF, 3MB)
Our Corporate Services team provides customer focussed services and communications and a broad range of support, integral for our internal operations.
- Customer & Communications (Customer Experience, Community Engagement and Communications)
- Financial Services (Finance, Rates, Procurement, Governance and Risk)
- People & Culture (Human Resources, Organisational Development, Workplace Relations)
- Information Services (Information Technology, Enterprise Systems and Information Management)
Built Environment & Infrastructure
Our Built Environment & Infrastructure team look after a range of areas from building to maintaining community infrastructure.
- Infrastructure Services (Infrastructure Maintenance, Infrastructure Delivery, Infrastructure Strategy and Investigation, and Roads for the Community Initiative)
- Sustainable Environment and Facilities (Waste Management, Environmental Stewardship, Property and Facilities Management)
- Recreation, Projects and Parks (Recreation and Active Living, Major Projects, Parks and Bushlands)
- Assets and Capital Programming (Strategic Asset Management, Capital Works Management, Fleet Management)
Our Communities team delivers a range of dedicated services to our community members from birth to the elderly along with community engagement and planning.
- Community Services (Age Friendly Communities, Family and Children's Services, Maternal & Child Health and Immunisations)
- Creative Communities (Cultural Facilities, Cultural Development, Libraries)
- Community Wellbeing (Safer Communities, Emergency Management, School Crossings, Community Partnerships and Wellbeing, Community Development)
Planning & Sustainable Futures
Our Planning & Sustainable Futures team are responsible for the sustainable design and development of Yarra Ranges.
- Planning and Building (Statutory Planning, Building and Planning Compliance and Prosecutions)
- Design and Place (Strategic Planning, Place Planning, Urban Design and Landscape Architecture)
- Strategic Projects (Lilydale Quarry, Level Crossing Removal Projects, Development Contributions)
- Economic Development and Investment (Economic Development, Business Development, Investment Attraction and Facilitation)
Office of the CEO
The Office of the CEO brings together a number of groups focussed on delivering significant organisational-change projects.
- Strategy & Transformation (Transformation, Strategy Development, Digital & Data, Advocacy, Corporate Planning and Performance)