Defrosted Events – FReeZA Committee
Defrosted Events are a group of young people aged 14–25 who organise music, art and cultural events across the Yarra Ranges.
We’re a FReeZA committee - a Victorian Government initiative that gives young Victorians the opportunity to lead the planning and staging of live music and cultural events. The events are accessible for people of all ages and abilities, and drug, smoke and alcohol free.
Become part of the Defrosted Events crew!
You will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to arrange and stage festivals and events
- Gain valuable hands-on music industry experience
- Get to know more about the music and arts scenes
- Network and meet people in the arts and events industries
- Connect and have fun with like-minded people
You can learn new skills in:
- event management
- technical (audio and lighting) equipment operations
- risk assessment and management
- how to book artists and performances
- stage management
- budget management
- marketing and promoting events
The events you'll be supported to run might include:
- live music events
- art or photography exhibitions
- film screenings
- dance showcases and workshops
- skate and BMX comps
Our committee members:
- are aged 14-25 years old
- live, work, study or spend time in the Yarra Ranges
- don’t need to have had any previous work or volunteer experience
- are enthusiastic and willing to share their ideas and get involved
- are from a range of diverse backgrounds including race, gender, ability, LGBTIQA+ and more
- can attend meetings regularly
We have flexible committee member options:
- Join our core crew for a specific period of time (6-12 months)
- Join the crew to help plan and stage a specific event
- Volunteer on the day at an event
Defrosted Events Meetings
| Online (via Zoom)
Upcoming Defrosted Events in 2022!
Baker Boy is touring regional Victoria and coming to the Memo in Healesville for two shows only! Co-presented with Oonah Belonging Place.
Location: The Memo, Healesville
Date: September 2nd – 3rd , 2022
More info here
A formal for young people (Yrs 7-12) of the LGBTQIA+ community and all their allies! In partnership with Lilydale Youth Hub.
Location: Mooroolbark Community Centre
Date: 15th October, 2022
More info: Coming soon!
An awards night to celebrate the achievements of young people in the Yarra Ranges.
More info: Coming soon!
Belgrave Lantern Festival – July 2022
In partnership with Belgrave Traders Association and with over 10,000 attendees, we showcased a line-up of artists on the big stage and arranged a market of stallholders in the main carpark.
Best Arts Festival (BAF) – March 2022
A full day of live music, creative workshops and interactive art spaces held at Burrinja Cultural Centre in Upwey.
The Push All Ages Tour – February 2022
The Chats and Teenage Joans headlined this awesome live concert, and were supported by St.Emerald and Dewey.
Summer Series – January 2022
A roving festival of live music performances and dance workshops across the Yarra Ranges. One week, 8 towns, 11 events!
Queer Conversations Series – June 2021
Video recorded conversations between LGBTQIA+ young people in Yarra Ranges and LBTQIA+ staff at Yarra Ranges Council.
Watch the full series here.
We can be flexible with the application process so if you would prefer to talk it through, just give us a call or email.
Got questions? Call 9294 6716 or email email@example.com
Join Defrosted Events