Apply for a Capital Development Grant
Capital development grants offer financial assistance to not-for-profit organisations to improve sport and active recreation infrastructure. Funding is provided as a one off grant with the goal of benefiting sporting and recreation groups as well as the general community.
A capital development grant can cover up to 50% of the total project cost but not exceeding $30,000.
Before applying it is critical that you read through all of the grant information below.
Apply for a capital development grant
Who is eligible for a capital development grant?
Who Can Apply
- Not-for-profit sporting or active recreation organisations that have a current lease/license or tenancy agreement with Yarra Ranges Council or recognised government body (eg. Parks Vic/DELWP)
Who Cannot Apply
- Profit making organisations (Businesses).
- Sport or active recreation organisations without a current lease/license or tenancy agreement with Yarra Ranges Council
- Improvements to pavilions and club rooms, including kitchens, bathrooms and social space
- Improvements to sporting and recreational facilities
- New infrastructure initiatives to encourage active living
- Projects that reduce risk/improve safety
- Storage improvements
Priority will be given to projects that address the following objectives:
- Improve opportunities and/or the environment for female participation in sport and recreation
- Improve access for disadvantaged groups (e.g. disability, cultural, low socio-economic) to sport and recreation facilities
- Projects that incorporate sustainability elements in design, materials or outcomes ie. environmental, economic or social
- Maintenance works considered as your organisation/ clubs’ responsibility under the current Tenancy or Lease agreement with Council
- Projects which exclude access to the public or community groups
- Ongoing administration/operational costs
- Works that have already been started or completed
- Sports Lighting Upgrades
- Appliances and/or non-permanent equipment.
- Applications open: 9am, Monday 13th June 2022
- Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday 24th July 2022
- Evaluation process: August 2022 to September 2022
- Projects to be completed: October 2022 to 30 June 2023
Capital development grant assessment criteria
|Clear evidence of demand for the project and the ongoing benefits to community participation
|The degree to which the organisation has provided the required project documentation and can demonstrate the ability to deliver the project
|Demonstrated increased opportunities for female participation and/or disadvantaged groups
|Sustainability elements incorporated in design, materials and outcomes
What to include in your application
- Quotes and/or cost estimates
- Draft plans/design/project details
- Evidence of funds ie. Bank statement or letter from funding provider
- Council’s Project Management Framework
- Letters of support
- Current Annual Report or Business plan
What if you're successful?
Council will review applications after 24th July and notify applicants of the outcome by 3rd October. All applicants will be notified via email.
- Payments of grants will be done via EFT
- 80% of the monies will be transferred once the above mandatory requirements for Council have been received
- The remaining 20% will be transferred upon competition and inspection of works by Council.
- Approval for any variation to projects outside of the completion timeframe must be received in writing to be considered by Council.