COVID restrictions have eased.The curfew, travel limits within metro Melbourne, and the reasons for leaving home will no longer apply.For the latest information about limits on social gatherings, education, work, retail and more please visit the Dept of Heath website
Ages: 3 years+
Purpose: Children’s activity: Spending time with our children making Poppies is a creative way to acknowledge and celebrate ANZAC day and to remember the commemorate all who have and are serving.
1. Fold A4 red paper in half, then in half again.
2. Draw half heart along the fold line—you may be able to fit in 2.
3. Cut out the half heart - once cut out it should reveal 4 whole hearts.
4. Take each heart together at the base - this sample uses 3 hearts per flower.
5. On the front side draw a black circle for the centre of the poppy.
6. Tape the stick onto the back of the flower.
7. You could plant in the garden or give to a special person.
Questions - While making the Poppies talk about ANZAC day and why we celebrate and remember on the 25th April each year.
Extension - make ANZAC cookies, YUM!
We'd love to see your creations and home based play! Share with us on Facebook at @yrfamilies #YarraRangesPlay
You can contact the YRC Family & Children’s Services team on 1300 368 333 or by email at email@example.com
Find the manual check in code for your local playground
For assistance please call
Trees and clean up
Find out more about the COVID-19 vaccine