Exercising your dog
When exercising your dog, please remember the following:
- Dogs must be on lead at all times (unless in a designated off lead area)
- You must dispose of any waste responsibly
- Dogs are not permitted on ovals, sporting grounds, playgrounds, picnic and barbecue areas or the beach area at Lillydale Lake
- Dogs are not permitted within 2.5 m of the perimeter of any play spaces, permanent BBQ’s and any organised public or sporting event
- When exercising your dog in an off lead reserve, you must carry a lead and maintain hand or voice control at all times
- Dogs are not permitted in National Parks
- Dogs must be on lead in all Parks Victoria, Melbourne Water or Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) reserves unless otherwise stated
When exercising your dogs in off lead areas they must be supervised and under effective control, which includes:
- The handler must be able to demonstrate audible control of the dog.
- Dogs must remain in visual and audible range of their handler to allow it to be effectively recalled at any time.
- The dog owner applying necessary recall and restraint to their dog when the dog interacts with other dogs or persons within an off leash area, unless permitted otherwise by the owner of the other dog (s) or persons to enable the safe socialisation of dogs.
- Dogs must not enter water habitats that contain wildlife, beach nesting birds or chase wildlife in these areas;
- Dogs attracted to the motion of wheels must be controlled at all times;
- The handler must at all times have a means to pick up and appropriately dispose of dog droppings in a waste bin.
You can find a copy of all Dogs Off-Leash Locations by downloading the flyer:
Dog 'Off-Leash' Areas
Please wait while we load your map...