Apply for Small Grants
The Small Grants Program offers support for community groups responding to opportunities and challenges in their communities.
The program provides funding for activities that promote greater social inclusion, wellbeing and community participation.
How to apply
Before applying for a Small Grant you must read the Small Grants program guidelines.
The Guidelines detail eligibility, selection criteria and key definitions.
Please note that applicants can only be awarded one Small Grant each financial year.
Once you have read the program guidelines, submit an application online.
Small grants categories
The Small Grants Program comprises of six categories:
- Connected & Vibrant Communities (up to $1000)
- Community Planning for acknowledged Community Plans (up to $1000)
- Youth Pathways (up to $250)
- Sports Participation (up to $350)
- Hall and facility hire (up to the value of $300)
- Resources for waste management (up to 30 bins).
Funding is awarded on a competitive basis.
Key dates and timelines
The Small Grants Program runs on a monthly basis. Applications are assessed quickly, with a turn around time of under four weeks. Approximate times are detailed below.
Applications can be submitted in advance.
Applications cannot be submitted after the event or activity has already passed.
Activities must take place after the grant has been awarded.
- Rounds closes - last calendar day of each month
- Assessment - Two to three weeks from round closing
- Notification - One week from assessments closing
Join our mailing list
Interested in hearing about grant and free training opportunities? Join our mailing list!