The Lilydale Place Plan sets a vision for the future development of Lilydale. It creates a platform to advocate and influence investment and decision making within the town. Read the Lilydale Place Plan.(PDF, 4MB)
The plan identifies that to improve Lilydale’s future liveability, Council and community need to:
- Create new centres for Lilydale's community
- Focus population growth within the town centre
- Support local jobs and businesses
- Improve traffic and transport connections
- Improve public spaces and walking amenity
The plan was created by using feedback from the Lilydale Project Reference Group (LPRG), consisting of 12 community members and 12 Council Officers, along with the Connect Lilydale group, Lilydale Township Action Group and engagement with residents and business owners over the last two years.