Australia Day Awards nominations 2023
Do you know someone great in your community?
Applications are now open for Yarra Ranges Council’s 2023 Australia Day Awards, where residents are encouraged to nominate people who are doing wonderful things in their local community.
- Citizen of Year – above 26 years of age (at 26 January 2023)
- Young Citizen of the Year – under the age of 26 (at 26 January 2023)
- Environmental Achiever of the Year
- Ken McIntosh Memorial Award (Young Environmental Achiever) – under the age of 26 (at 26 January 2023)
- Community Group of the Year
- Mayor’s Lifetime Achievement Award - selected by the Mayor and peers
- Ian De La Rue Award for Community Leadership –selected by the Mayor and peers
Click here to view form.
Nominations close Friday 2 December 2022, 5.00pm
All personal information collected is for the Yarra Ranges Council Australia Day Awards and will be used solely for the primary purpose or directly related purposes.
Australia Day Awards 2021 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for consideration for the Yarra Ranges Council Australia Day Awards, people must be Australian citizens (unless there are exceptional circumstances), and must be residents of Australia.
The nominee/community group must have made an outstanding contribution to the Municipality which has improved the wellbeing of the Yarra Ranges community.
How to compile your nomination
- Complete the online submission which should be around 1000 words, maximum 2000 words
- Include any relevant information to support your nominee
- List any other awards
- Names of two referees who may be contacted if required
Attributes of Nominee may include
- Strong community values
- Ability to show leadership
- Ability to be a role model
- Embrace the community and its diverse cultures
- Commitment to activities that have both short and long term benefits for others and community
- A commitment to the environment
Condition of Entry
- Nominations must be made on the official page
- All nomination information and materials submitted remains the property of the Yarra Ranges Council
- Persons cannot nominate themselves
- Entry for the Young Citizen of the Year and the Ken Mclntosh Award must be under 26 years of age (as at 26 January 2021)
- The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the decision
- In the absence of any nominations from members of the public, Council may make its own nominations based on local knowledge and experience