Yarra Ranges Council is divided into three different directorates:
- Corporate Services
- Environment & Engineering
- Social & Economic Development
Our Corporate Services team provides community compliance services and a broad range of support, integral for our internal operations.
- Community Compliance (local laws, public health, school crossing)
- Corporate Affairs (Communications, Customer Service, Governance)
- Finance, Procurement & Ratings Services
- Information Services
- People & Culture
- Risk, Emergency and Community Safety
Environment & Engineering
Our Environment & Engineering team look after a range of areas from building to maintaining community infrastructure.
- Built & Active Spaces (community/recreation facilities development, urban, landscape design)
- Infrastructure Services (engineering, drainage, roads, traffic management)
- Parks & Environment (bushland management, parks maintenance, environmental education)
- Strategy & Sustainability (biodiversity, sustainability assessments and strategies waste management, recycling)
Social & Economic Development
Our Social & Economic Development team look after a range of services provided to community members from birth to the elderly along with community engagement and planning.
- Aged & Disability Services (PAG and Home Care Services, Volunteer and social support)
- Arts, Culture & Heritage (Museum, community centres, cultural programs)
- Economic, Youth & Community Development (Indigenous, tourism, festivals, business and community planning)
- Family & Community Support Services (early learning, maternal child health, childcare, family day care)
- Emergency Recovery services; during and after emergencies
- Planning Services
- Strategic Planning
The skills we need
Our team stands 900 strong and covers over 140 different roles across our three diverse directorates, so you're sure to find a position which ideally suits your talents.
Whether you're an environmental scientist or an IT wizard; smart financial mind or a collaborative planning officer; an experienced and caring community worker or a handy landscape gardener, your skills will flourish in our team.
Along with the complex and interesting projects you'll embark on, we can also offer a range of internal promotion opportunities and even secondment placements with other councils; the opportunities are endless!