Apply for a job
Are you interested in a career at Yarra Ranges Council? We want to hear from you!
Career opportunities are listed online each week.
What to submit with your application
When applying for a job at Yarra Ranges Council you will need to include a:
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- Response to the Selection Criteria/Key Competencies (If required)
Have any questions? Speak with our Careers Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to address the selection criteria
All positions advertised will include a selection criteria consisting of core and position specific competencies.
These competencies describe the behaviours, motivations, experiences and knowledge that we believe employees need to demonstrate.
Respond to the selection criteria by providing examples of how your current/past skills and experience meet that criteria by:
Our recruitment process
The steps below outline our process of recruiting new staff from the point in which you submit an application to when you receive an offer.
- Submit an application online
- Applicants will receive an acknowledgement email to confirm their submission
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone
- Selected candidates will be interviewed by three Yarra Ranges employees
- Unsuccessful interviewed candidates will be notified by phone
- Successful candidates will be notified by phone and email
- Successful candidates may be required to undertake pre-employment screening (e.g. medical check, police check, working with children)
- Employment offer