Slender, upright suckering perennial herb with triangular stems.
- StoreyLower storey
- Size0.3-0.8 m x 0.3-2 m
- Plant groupingHerbs & Groundcovers <1m
- LeavesElliptic leaves are thick with a few teeth along edges, leaf appearing 4 sided, 16-50 mm x 2-20 mm.
- Flower colourBright blue with yellow centres
- Flowering timeMay to January
- FlowersSingle or 2-flowered clusters of flowers towards the ends of branches. Rusty hairs on stalks to 3 cm long.
- Bird attractingNo
- Butterfly attractingNo
- Frog habitatNo
- Growing conditionsMoist to well drained soils in heathy forests. Frost tolerant. Full sun or semi shade.
- Garden useExcellent container plant or lower storey plant for growing under trees and on embankments. Pruning is beneficial.
- Commercially availableSpecialist Australian plant nursery
- Conservation statusLocally common within its preferred growing conditions.
Photographer/s: 1, 3, 4 Peter Kinchington ©; 2 Marilyn Bull ©