Apply for a capital development grant
Applications now closed
The purpose of the Capital Development Program is to provide financial assistance to not-for-profit organisations to improve sport and recreation infrastructure, which in turn provides active participation opportunities.
- Grants are available for one-off projects of up to $50,000.
- All projects must address the grant criteria to be eligible for assessment.
- All information is available in the funding guidelines attached to this page.
Priority will be given to projects that address the following objectives:
- Improve access for disadvantaged groups (e.g. disability, cultural, low socio-economic) to sport and recreation facilities;
- Improve existing Council sport and recreation facilities and increases its range of users;
- Demonstrates clear evidence of the long term benefits to the wider community.
- Improves opportunities for female participation in the sport and recreation environment.
Who can apply?
- Incorporated, not-for-profit organisations.
Funding round opens - 1 June 2016
Funding round closes - 17 July 2016
Funding announcement - January 2017
We have been undertaking a review to improve the grant process and to bring the Capital Development Program in line with other Council grant programs.
There are some important changes you need to take into consideration including:
- Changes to the grant timelines (outlined above)
- Grant readiness workshop
- Celebration event for successful grant applicants (TBA)
- Successful projects are now required to be delivered within the time frame of January 2017 to December 2017
Applicants are encouraged to begin planning to ensure they have all the required information ready for submission when the funding round opens.
Applicants are required to contact the Recreation & Active Living team with your project ideas before you start planning to ensure your project is eligible.
The Recreation & Active Living team is available for advice on the grant process, to discuss projects and project planning. Contact 1300 368 333.
Subscribe to Page Updates
Fields marked as required must be completed
Help us to improve! Was this page useful?