Register your pets online. All dogs and cats must be microchipped and registered with council by the age of three months.
Pet owners that have registered a puppy prior to being desexed are eligible for a partial refund if proof of desexing is provided within 1 month of registration. Submit your proof of desexing here.
All cats being registered for the first time must be desexed unless the owner is eligible for an exemption. Find out more about animal desexing.
Pension concession rates for pet registrations are only available to pensioner concession card or veteran card holders.
Listing your pet with Central Animal Records is separate from council registration. All dogs and cats must still be registered with council.
Registration fees are spent on services and facilities provided by Yarra Ranges Council, some of the items included are:
- Payment of the annual State Government Levy
- Lifetime Pet Registration Tag - Including free replacement tags
- Reuniting lost animals
- Off-lead dog parks
- Investigation of animal related complaints and compliance issues
- Cat Trap programs
- Providing Council's responsible pet ownership programs
- Supporting Council's Foster Carer Registration Program