Some functions on our site may require or ask you to provide information and personally identify you for the purposes of interacting with our site. This may include surveys, requests for information or action. All information collected will be used in compliance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Victoria).
If you choose to provide the Yarra Ranges Shire Council with your personal information through this site, the information will remain within the Yarra Ranges Shire Council and we will not give it to anyone outside of the organization or use it for any other purposes than what is stated.
We track the domains from which this site is visited and use that data to analyse trends and statistics to enable us to improve the site, however once used it is discarded.
If you choose not to give us your personal information, you can still use most of the facilities provided by this site. You merely will not be able to access facilities requiring registration such as bill payment options.
When using bill payment options we do not store any of your credit card details, rather this is a transaction directly between the bank and the payment facilitator.
Enewsletter delivery - MailChimp and privacy consent
We will only use this information to:
- create, send and manage emails relating to Yarra Ranges Council
- measure email campaign performance
- improve the features for specific segments of customers
- evaluate your use of our website
- compile reports on website activity, and
- provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
MailChimp may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on MailChimps’s behalf. MailChimp collects information about when you visit the website, when you use the services, your browser type and version, your operating system, and other similar information.
MailChimp is based in the United States of America (USA) and the information collected about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by MailChimp on servers located outside Australia. We are required to inform you that by subscribing to our eNewsletter:
- You understand and acknowledge that this service utilises a MailChimp platform, which is located in the United States of America (USA) and relevant legislation of the USA will apply.
- Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act will not apply.
- You understand and acknowledge that MailChimp is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.
Immunisation Online Bookings
We use Setmore Booking Platform to manage online immunisation bookings. We use Setmore to:
- Allow customers to book an immunisation at a venue and time suitable for them
- Send the customer email and sms appointment reminders
- Allow the customer to edit or cancel their booking
We DO NOT use the following Setmore features:
- Third party calendar sync (share information with Google, Outlook or other third party gateways)
- Third party integrations (mail chimp)
- Other payment gateways
Subscribe to Page Updates
Fields marked as required must be completed
Help us to improve! Was this page useful?