Skip to main content


Rain that runs off your property is called stormwater. For new buildings stormwater must be connected to a legally approved point of discharge. Usually these are our underground drains, kerbs or open table drain.

Types of stormwater connections

  • Council underground drain in the street
  • Council underground drain within the property easement
  • Private owners corporation drainage
  • To kerb and channel
  • To open table drain
  • OR to Melbourne Water drainage assets (such as main drains, creeks and streams)

A Road Opening works permit is required to install any new stormwater connection.

Lodge a request online for a stormwater point of discharge certificate or call 1300 368 333.

Help us to improve! Was this page useful?

Fields marked as required must be completed

* (Required)
* (Required)
(Maximum 1300 characters)

Type the characters you see in the picture below * (Required)