Skip to main content


These are the different types of drains you’ll find in the Yarra Ranges and who to contact for maintenance requests.

Drains maintained by Council

  • Kerb and Channel
  • Grated Pit
  • Side Entry Pit
  • Table Drain
  • Cross Road Culvert
  • Silt Trap

If you're not sure what type of drain needs maintenance, view the gallery below.



Report a drainage issue


Drains maintained by others

Telstra – Call 13 22 03

SP AusNet – Call 13 17 99

Melbourne Water –  Call 13 17 22

South East Water – Call 13 28 12

Yarra Valley Water – Call 13 27 62


Drains maintained by property owner

Driveway culverts are usually to provide access to private property.

Maintenance and clearing of driveway culverts is the responsibility of the property owner.

Sometimes we will help clear culverts if a blockage appears to have been caused by a council asset for example crushed rock from a road washed into a drain during a storm.