Skip to main content

Pension rate rebate

For 2018/2019 the state government provides concessions for pensioners of 50% up to a maximum of $279.40.

Who is eligible?

  • Pension concession card holders (issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans Affairs)
  • DVA gold card- totally or permanently incapacitated
  • DVA gold card - war widow

Is there any other criteria?

  • Your eligible card is valid at the time of application
  • You are the person responsible for the payment of the account
  • Your name is on the account
  • Your name and address on the account match the concession card
  • If you move to a new property you will need to reapply

How many properties can I claim a concession for?

You can only claim a concession for one property, which must be your principle place of residence.

For the purpose of this concession the address on your concession card will be considered as your principle place of residence.

How do I apply?

You can call Council on 1300 368 333 to obtain a pension concession application form or you can download the application from the Department of Human Services website.

Once completed you can either mail or bring it to us in person as per the details on our contact us page along with a copy of your concession card.

Subscribe to Page Updates

Fields marked as required must be completed