Fire Danger Ratings and Council
During Summer the CFA and Bureau of Meterology issue fire danger ratings for Victoria. There will be some changes to Council services on fire risk days.
Changes to Council services on Severe, Extreme and Code Red days
All services and facilities in high risk areas will be closed for 24 hours from midnight on the day of a Code Red. Some services may be closed on Extreme fire risk days and some may be modified on Severe days.
Find out what services will be affected on Code Red, Extreme and Severe fire danger rating days.
How can I find out if there are any fires nearby?
- Vic Emergency website shows the emergency events, warnings and incidents across Victoria in real time.
- Download the CFA's fire ready app for mobile and up-to-date information about warnings or fire activity in your local area.
- Tune in to ABC local radio, commercial radio or designated emergency broadcasters or Sky News
- Call the Victorian Bushfire Information Line on 1800 240 667
- Check out the CFA’s Twitter and Facebook accounts
In the Yarra Ranges, high fire risk often happens at the same time as a heat wave. Find out how to keep cool during a heat wave.
Prepare for possible power outages with a battery-operated radio, a charged phone that doesn’t rely on mains power and a torch. Find out more about power outages
Livestock and horses need to be removed early or moved to low risk areas early in the day. Find out more at the Department of Environment and Primary Industries.
Subscribe to Page Updates
Fields marked as required must be completed
Help us to improve! Was this page useful?