Amendment C148 Major revision of Yarra Ranges Planning Scheme
Current status: Public exhibition for this amendment has now closed. Council will consider submissions at a meeting in early 2017. All submitters to the amendment will be notified of the Council meeting.
What the amendment does:
- Introduces a new Municipal Strategic Statement that provides clearer strategic direction and decision making guidance on a wide range of land use and development issues
- New local planning policies for: Dwellings in Green Wedge Areas, Major Retail Developments and Environmentally Sustainable Development
- Revised vegetation and building controls for rural areas – Significant landscape Overlay
- New environmental controls to identify important biodiversity habitats and provide targeted controls to protect these areas. New controls will replace the existing Environmental Significance Overlay
- A new requirement for a 5% public open space contribution with development through the Schedule to Clause 52.01.
- The Amendment will require associated changes to the Upper Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges Regional Strategy Plan.
If you are interested in viewing all amendment documents including maps, a full set of the exhibited amendment documents can be viewed by clicking on the following link www.delwp.vic.gov.au/public-inspection
For further information please contact Claudette Fahy on: 03 9294 6422