Filming in public places
Yarra Ranges boasts scenic, film-friendly locations across the region.
To commercially film in the Yarra Ranges, you need to read the Quick Guide (PDF, 397KB) then register your filming activity in the below event form.
Following this, the relevant Council department will contact you with the necessary documentation to ensure your filming activity meets guidelines.
This may include:
- an application to use council venues, facilities
- an application for road/traffic related matters
- perusal of attached Public Liability Insurance
We will respond to simple applications within five business days.
For more complex filming arrangements or requests involving multiple departments/agencies it may take more than five business days to provide permission.
Got a question? Contact our Festival & Events Development Officer, Karen Meuleman 1300 369 333 or email@example.com
Fees may apply for use of council owned space and/or parking reservations.
Low impact filming
Most people conducting commercial filming must apply for permission to use public space and use of roads. However, if your filming activities are minor and ‘low impact’ you will still need to register your filming activity, but will not need any further permissions.
To approve this activity, we require proof of your current public liability insurance and at least 3 business days’ notice.
What is low impact filming?
- A filming activity of six people or less (includes all production crew and talent)
- Only one camera, one tripod and a handheld sound recording equipment is used
- Where public safety is maintained at all times with all public pathways, footpaths and roads must not be blocked
If you would like to post the event on Council's website click here
Subscribe to Page Updates
Fields marked as required must be completed
Help us to improve! Was this page useful?