Connect to Nature: Photographic Project
Next date: Wednesday, 29 January 2020 | 11:00 PM
The Connect to Nature Project aims to shine a light on the abundance of flora and fauna that inhabit the local bushland reserves across the Yarra Ranges. We invite the public to help us compile a photographic portfolio of images that show the diverse flora and fauna found in our nature reserves.
This community project will culminate at the Yarra Ranges Museum in 2020 where the best 20 entries will be showcased in an exhibition.
How to contribute
Step 1. take a photo
Take one or more photos of flora, fauna or a scene in one of Yarra Ranges beautiful bushland reserves between 1 September 2019 and 8 March 2020. Please note that photos should not contain images of people
Step 2. read the terms and conditions
View full terms and conditions
The Connect to Nature Photographic Project is a joint project by Yarra Ranges Council and Yarra Ranges Photographic Society with the support of Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP).
By entering a photo into the Connect to Nature Photography Project you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- Photos entered must be your own. While Yarra Ranges Council reserves the right to display your images you will remain the copyright owner.
- Your image subject must be of flora or fauna or a scene that has been taken within one of the reserves or bushlands that fall within the Yarra Ranges municipality. (See map below for project boundaries).
- Photos must be taken between 31st August 2019 and 8th March 2020.
- There is no limit to the number of images you can enter.
- Photos should not include people.
- Entrants who are under 18 years of age must have parental permission to enter and must fill in an under 18 online entry form
- Entrants over the age of 18 must complete the Online Consent Form
- The project closes at midnight on 08/03/20.
- A panel consisting of members of the Yarra Ranges Photographic Society and council representatives will chose 20 finalists to have their work printed, framed and exhibited at the Yarra Ranges Regional Museum located at 35-37 Castella Street, Lilydale between 02/05/20 – 17/05/20.
- Images will be printed at A3 size and framed and upon completion of the exhibition entrants will be gifted with their framed print.
- Entrants whose photos aren’t printed may still have their images showcased digitally at the exhibition.
Step 3. submit your photo online
Under 18 online entry form.
Over 18 online entry form.
You can also share your image on the Connect to Nature Facebook page
20 finalists will be chosen and their photo will be printed, framed and exhibited at the Yarra Ranges Regional Museum located at 35-37 Castella Street, Lilydale between 2/5/2020 and 17/5/2020. Upon completion of the exhibition entrants will be gifted their framed print. All entrants may have their images displayed digitally on a screen at the exhibition.
Sunday, 01 September 2019 | 12:00 AM
Yarra Ranges Regional Museum, 35-37 Castella Street, Lilydale View Map