Traffic & Vehicle Permits

Large vehicles

If you drive a large or heavy vehicle such as a B-double truck, you may need a permit to use local roads.

Oversized vehicles need a permit for each trip on a local road as well as a VicRoads permit to drive on major roads.

You can find out how to apply for a permit on the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator  or VicRoads websites.