Barking dogs

If a barking dog is becoming an issue, start by speaking with your neighbour. This may resolve the issue without any further action.

If you feel uncomfortable speaking to your neighbour, try writing a letter to them. It may be useful to keep a log of times that the dog is barking and provide this information to your neighbour as they may not be aware of the issue.

Unsure of what to write? Use our sample letter to help guide you.

You can find more resources and information about resolving disputes on the Dispute settlement centre of Victoria website.

Contact us

If you are unable to resolve the matter with your neighbour, submit a complaint to council by contacting us by email at or mail to P.O BOX 105, Anderson Street Lilydale, Vic 3140. You will need to provide your name, address and the address of where the dog is located.