Burning off is allowed on any day of the week.
Before burning off you must register the burn with ESTA (Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority)
Register your burn off
Things to be aware of
- Only burn for fuel reduction and biosecurity purposes
- Wind speed must be less than 19km/hr
- You must supervise the burn at all times, have water available and ensure it is extinguished before you leave
- Smoke must not be offensive or create a traffic hazard
- The fuel must not be offensive or noxious
- You must have three metre clearance above and around the fire
- Please advise your neighbours before burning off
- You must not, without a permit, light a fire in a public place
- The burn must be registered with ESTA (Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority)
If you would like further information, you can find out more in the Yarra Ranges Open Air Burning Local Law.
Download the Rural factsheet(PDF, 292KB)