Apply for a secondary consent

or Apply for Consent to:

  • Build outside the building envelope
  • A Section 173 agreement to alter approved development plans


Step 1.Before you apply

An application for a Secondary Consent is preferred after plans have been endorsed. If a permit was issued and no plans have been endorsed, council prefers the condition 1 plans are submitted prior to applying for an amendment.

Step 2.Prepare your application

You should include the following documents with your application:

  • A new set of plans showing the proposed changes (the number of sheets provided to be the same as the initially endorsed plans). The plans are to be marked with red clouding around all changes and have no endorsed stamp.

Council must now seek the consent of any person (including third parties) before publishing any personal information (other than the land address relevant to the submission) due to the introduction of the COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) Act 2020. We appreciate your cooperation on this matter and ask that you not submit any plans or documents which contain personal information.

Step 3.Review our application guide

For step by step instructions on how to register and apply online please read Apply for a planning permit - step by step guide.

Step 4.Login or Register and apply now

  • Log in or register as a user and complete the online application form. 

  • You'll be emailed with further information about payment and the planner who will be working on your application.

 Apply now