The Amendment has been approved by the Minister for Planning. Notice of approval of the amendment was published in the Government Gazette on 1 December 2022.
The amendment will make the following changes to the Planning Scheme:
- a rewritten Municipal Strategic Statement that provides clearer strategic direction and decision making guidance on a wide range of land use and development issues
- the introduction of three new local planning policies: Major Retail Developments , Environmentally Sustainable Development, and Dwellings in Green Wedge Areas
- the deletion of eight local planning policies which will become redundant as a result of new policy guidelines contained in the revised Municipal Strategic Statement and revised overlay schedules
- a set of new Significant Landscape Overlays that contain design guidelines for new development in Green Wedge areas
- a new Environmental Significance Overlay that identities the important biodiversity habitats in Yarra Ranges and provides targeted controls to protect these areas
- the removal of redundant Significant Landscape Overlay and Environmental Significance Overlay schedules
- the introduction of a new schedule to the Specific Control Overlay Clause 45.12 to identify lots which are potentially affected by tenement controls
- a 5% public open space contribution requirement through the Schedule to Clause 53.01 for all land inside the Urban Growth Boundary
- the removal of redundant requirements from the Schedule to Clause 51.03 of the planning scheme.
Further information can be found on the C148 Fact Sheet.(PDF, 3MB)
Council considered the recommendations made by an independent planning panel at it's meeting on 26 March 2019 and resolved to adopt the amendment.
Amendment C195 – Planning Policy Translation
The Amendment has been approved by the Minister for Planning. Notice of approval of the amendment was published in the Government Gazette on 2 December 2022.
The Yarra Ranges Planning Scheme has been translated to the new Planning Policy Framework (PPF).
The translation replaces the local policy section of the Yarra Ranges planning scheme (MSS and Clause 22 local policies introduced by Amendment C148) by translating these into a new structure to locate local policy under the State land use themes in the planning scheme. The changes are policy neutral and do not change the schemes strategic direction or intent. Further information can be found on the C195 Fact Sheet.(PDF, 2MB)