Construction of New Basketball Court within Stadium
- Project typeConstruction
- Project value$5.6 Million
- Project scheduleTender Phase
The current Basketball Stadium consists of 6 Basketball Courts which includes 1 NBA standard court (court 1). This Court is used for both current competitive level and wheelchair basketball. We have identified a need to create a separate space and suitable amenities for wheelchair players and will create 2 competitive level courts, in order that simultaneous games can take place.
The current amenities to the Basketball courts sit between courts 1 & 2, which currently does not meet players needs or standards and does not comply to the AS1428 standards for accessibility.
As a result of these findings, the works will include:
- Construction of a new Basketball Court, new wheelchair accessible amenities & change rooms
- An undercover access path link to the new Basketball Court from the existing building
- Renovations & improvements to existing amenities & change rooms that comply with all current relevant codes, standards and facility guidelines
- Provision of female friendly facilities in all the above amenities & change rooms
The Project is currently in Tender Phase and works are expected to commence in the coming months after the Tender is Awarded.
115-123 Liverpool Rd Kilsyth, Kilsyth 3137 View Map