Belgrave Lake Park Playspace Renewal
- Project typeMajor Projects
- Project value$1.2 M
- Project scheduleTender Phase
- Completion Date15 December 2021
Belgrave Lake Park surrounds a disused reservoir and pipeline which, from 1893-1924 supplied water to the town of Dandenong, and after that to the farmers of Lysterfield.
Back then, the park was also a popular tourist destination where there was picnicking, swimming and camping.
The original kiosk, a stone and log cabin, which served both the campsite and the reserve still remains.
Renewal of the playspace at Belgrave Lake Park is underway after local consultation and is currently in the Detail Design Phase.
The renewal will include:
• Works near the Rotunda, including installation of new path, new picnic furniture, barbecue and low-key landscape elements on grass terrace
• Upgrade of Main Playground and associated landscape works within play space including drink fountain, picnic shelter, furniture and other works
• Construction of new concrete path to re-aligned circuit path adjacent to playground
• Demolition and construction works to existing half-court and fitness hub surfaces
• New concrete surface to ball court including line marking and noise reduction backboard
• Relocation of fitness equipment hub with under surfacing to suit
• Landscape works to install a landscape buffer & bio remediation between the playground area and path / dog off-lead area
• Art work within playground design (e.g. mosaic/sculpture)
• Works for addition of disabled parking bays, kerb modifications, line-marking and associated signage
• Upgrade of picnic areas, additional seating for viewing places and associated accessible paths
• New Way finding Signage within park
This project is funded by both Council and the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning's Growing Suburbs Fund. Detailed design has now been completed and now in the tender phase with construction due to commence early 2021 with the due for completion by the end of 2021.
In a separate Project the current Rotunda is undergoing rectification works which will commence in early 2021.
Restoration works will improve the safety and functionality of this historically important structure and integrate it with landscape and picnic features at the western end of the project site,the shelter will also house a new undercover BBQ area.
35 Park Drive, Belgrave 3160 View Map