Belgrave Lake Park Playspace Renewal
- Project typeMajor Projects
- Project value$1,200,000
- Project scheduleConstruction Underway
- Contractor nameWarrandale Industries Pty Ltd
- Completion Date15 December 2021
Renewal of the playspace is currently underway, the playground equipment has been installed and earthworks, concreting and path works are continuing despite the inclement weather and Covid restrictions, the beautiful new playspace is staring to materialise. Completion of the project is expected late 2021.
The renewal includes:
- Works near the Rotunda, including installation of new path, new picnic furniture, barbecue and low-key landscape elements on grass terrace
- Upgrade of Main Playground and associated landscape works within play space including drink fountain, picnic shelter, furniture and other works
- Construction of new concrete path to re-aligned circuit path adjacent to playground
- Demolition and construction works to existing half-court and fitness hub surfaces
- New concrete surface to ball court including line marking and noise reduction backboard
- Relocation of fitness equipment hub with under surfacing to suit
- Landscape works to install a landscape buffer & bio remediation between the playground area and path / dog off-lead area
- Art work within playground design (e.g. mosaic/sculpture)
- Works for addition of disabled parking bays, kerb modifications, line-marking and associated signage
- Upgrade of picnic areas, additional seating for viewing places and associated accessible paths
- New Way finding Signage within park
This project is funded by both Council and the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning's Growing Suburbs Fund.
In a separate Project the current Rotunda is undergoing rectification works, restoration works will improve the safety and functionality of this historically important structure and integrate it with landscape and picnic features at the western end of the project site, the shelter will also house a new undercover BBQ area.
Sod Turning has taken place with the Deputy Premier The Honourable James Merlino MP.
35 Park Drive, Belgrave 3160 View Map