Change of property ownership

Make sure you do not get charged with rates for properties you no longer live in or own. You must notify us If there has been a change to your property address or ownership.

Change of ownership

Notify us when you buy or sell a property using the notice of acquisition form.(PDF, 637KB)


Step 1.Step 1

Download and complete the notice of acquisition form.(PDF, 637KB) To complete the form you will need to provide information about the:

  • Buyer
  • Seller
  • Details of title
  • Details of transcation

Need assistance? Contact us on 1300 368 333 for help.

Step 2.Step 2

After completing the notice of acquisition, submit it  with your Transfer of Land document to: 
Land Victoria, Marland House Level 27, 570 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Vic 3000
Yarra Ranges Council, PO Box 105, Lilydale 3140