Yarra Ranges Council and Partners Storm Recovery Community Information
Published on 03 September 2021
Yarra Ranges Council is inviting residents impacted by the June storm and flood event to register to attend the first in a series of online community information meetings.
The purpose of these meetings is to provide updates on activity that has been undertaken or is planned by Council and/or other agencies in response to the recent storm.
The first meetings will be held online on Thursday 9 September* from 7pm to 8.30pm, and Saturday, 11 September, from 10am to 11.30am.
Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from representatives of Yarra Ranges Council, Bushfire Recovery Victoria, the NBN and Telstra about:
- Progress made and next steps regarding the clearance of trees and other storm debris
- Services available to support the community
- Community involvement in recovery initiatives and Community-led Recovery Committees
Attendees will also have the opportunity to participate in a number of group discussions where they can ask questions and make suggestions about:
- Community involvement in recovery
- Community-led Recovery Committees
Further meetings will be arranged within the next few weeks to hear about and discuss topics including fire preparedness and the rebuilding process.