Civic Centre Redevelopment update
Published on 15 September 2020
Yarra Ranges Council is currently embarking on a Civic Centre Redevelopment at its Anderson Street offices in Lilydale. Stage One was completed earlier this year. While work on Stage Two has begun, construction has had to cease while Covid-19 Stage Four restrictions are in place.
Once complete, the new building will address many of the old building’s shortcomings, which include expensive running costs, poor access for people with disabilities, and outdated and inefficient building systems and infrastructure.
The new Civic Centre will:
- Better support the needs of our community with meeting rooms and other multipurpose community spaces.
- Improve the customer experience for our community.
- Be accessible for people of all abilities.
- Bring council staff together on the one site to improve our service to the community.
- Provide a Village Green for the community to enjoy
The Civic Centre Redevelopment is expected to be complete by early 2022. Due to the works, the Lilydale Community Link front counter service has been temporarily relocated just a short walk from the current building site, across the carpark from Lilydale Coles and underneath Centrelink at 61-65 Anderson Street.
Unfortunately our Lilydale front counter has had to close temporarily while Covid-19 Stage Four restrictions are in place. If in the meantime you require assistance, please contact our Customer Experience team on 1300 368 333.
To find out more, and view development plans and images, you can visit our Civic Centre Redevelopment page.