2019/20 Capital Development Grants Program recipients announced
Published on 18 November 2019
Eight community organisations in the Yarra Ranges will share in $111,794 of funding to improve their sport and recreation infrastructure as part of Council’s 2019/20 Capital Development Grants Program.
The grants will go towards projects that will allow for more active participation opportunities within the Yarra Ranges.
Yarra Ranges Mayor, Cr Richard Higgins said that all eight projects will provide significant health and wellbeing benefits to the community.
“It’s great to see this funding program continue to support not-for-profit organisations and their volunteers in delivering better sport and recreation facilities for their community,” Cr Higgins said.
“I’d like to congratulate all recipients on their successful applications and I’m looking forward to seeing the outcomes of these projects in future.”
The successful grant recipients:
- $25,000 to the Yarra Glen & District Pony Club – All Weather Arena
- $15,000 to the Upwey-Tecoma Cricket Club – Cricket Net Restoration
- $11,500 to the Kilsyth Junior Football Club – Behind the Goal Netting
- $7,794 to the Belgrave Heights Tennis Club – Court Restoration Works
- $20,000 to the Lilydale Bowls Club – Development of Community Recreation Area
- $12,000 to the Woori Yallock Junior Football Club – Behind the Goal Netting
- $7,500 to the Seville Pony Club – Cross Country Jumping Complex
- $13,000 to the Upwey South Tennis Club – Renovation of Bathrooms
The assessment of the submissions were undertaken by staff from Council’s Recreation Active Living and Community Development teams, with feedback to be provided to applicants who were unsuccessful.
For more information on Council’s Capital Development Grants Program, visit https://www.yarraranges.vic.gov.au/Community/Grants/Apply-for-a-Capital-Development-Grant.