When you enrol for State and Federal elections, you are automatically enrolled on the Council roll for the municipality in which you live, as this is your main place of residence.
If you can’t be on the State Roll, you may be able to be on the Council Roll if any of these apply:
- You own a rateable property in Yarra Ranges Council but do not reside in the municipality
- You occupy a property in Yarra Ranges and pay the rates under the lease
- You represent a corporation that owns or occupies a rateable property in Yarra Ranges.
Am I enrolled to vote?
If you are an Australian citizen you can check your enrolment details online at any time.
If you think you might have a council-administered voting entitlement, please see the information below on how to apply for this.
How do I enrol with the VEC?
You can enrol or change your details online or you can:
- call the VEC on 131 832 to get a paper form
- download an enrolment form from the VEC’s website
You can also download forms from the VEC
- if you are eligible to vote in Victoria but have no fixed address
- if you or someone under your care is eligible to enrol to vote in Victoria but cannot sign the form due to physical incapacity, this form can be signed by another enrolled person
- if you believe that you or a family member would be in danger by having your address on an electoral roll, you can apply to become a silent elector
- if you are overseas indefinitely or permanently and do not wish to vote, or if you are temporarily absent from Australia and may not be able to vote.
- to remove a person's name from the roll if they are incapable of understanding the nature and significance of enrolment and voting.
- if you are working on a station in Antarctica, you can apply to become an Antarctic elector through the Australian Electoral Commission.
How to enrol for a Council-administered voting entitlement
If you were a council-enrolled voter at the October 2020 council elections, you are automatically enrolled for any by-elections.
If your circumstances have changed since the most recent election and you are no longer eligible to be enrolled, or your contact address has changed, you should contact Council to discuss your enrolment.
Completed voter enrolment forms should be either posted to Voter Enrolment, Yarra Ranges Council, PO Box 105, Lilydale 3140 or sent by email to email@example.com
Completed voter enrolment forms should be either posted to Voter Enrolment, C/- Yarra Ranges Council, PO Box 105, Lilydale 3140 or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org