Do you want to help young people get a chance at a better life?
Brighter Futures Outer East connects young people who have experienced out-of-home care with local community members who support their self-worth, sense of belonging and goals in life.
We are looking for individuals and groups who want to help support local young people.
This is not a service or a program, it’s a way of creating new possibilities and opportunities by doing what you already do. Our Community Connectors will support you every step of the way.
Current examples include:
- offering volunteer, work experience or employment opportunities
- including a local young person in a training course
- spending time with them to practice their hobby
- including them in your sports club activities
- mentoring around work and life goals
- sharing your experience about a subject like mechanics or history
- supporting them to learn new skills or develop their skills further
How do I connect with a young person?
Our Community Connectors will support you every step of the way and can provide advice and guidance about how to bring a local young person into your group and give them the best experience possible.
Find out more
Interested in getting involved? Find out more on the Brighter Futures website or contact Brighter Futures.